Menu
Steve_g1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box - S102 Error - Unable to Acquire Channel Info

Hi,

New box, all cables snug and secure, loading channel list gets stuck at 33% and then gives the message in the post title.

Noticed several others have had the problem over the past year. Is there any client side fix or do you have to go through phone support (which I'm trying to avoid the tedium of)

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box - S102 Error - Unable to Acquire Channel Info

Did you have to do anything to activate the V6 onto your account (instructions in the packaging?)

How are you connecting the V6 to the Hub? If by wifi, do it on Cat5e ethernet cable and try again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Steve_g1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

it’s not through WiFi, I have connected it to the ethernet cable I think I may need virgin to send a signal or something to set it up I was just wondering if it could be done on here save the long call waiting

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nope not at this time.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

And/or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though and the phone should be quicker

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos