Menu
Jetlagged
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Using powerline adapters with 360

I'm new to Virgin Media and was delivered a self-install kit that I'm having a problem with.

The wall box was already in situ when I moved into the house and I imagine this is why I was sent a self - install. The problem is that the wallbox is in one room and I want to install the TV in a different room at the opposite end of the house. In a previous thread it was suggested that I call for a technician and I do have an appointment in January. The landlord is not happy though at the thought of a hole being drilled in the relevant wall and I'm in total agreement now I've heard his explanation.

Would it work if I was to use powerline adapters to get around the problem? I had in mind TP-Link but am open to suggestions. 

TIA

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using powerline adapters with 360

No, all Virgin Media boxes require co-ax connection. You do need an engineer to install this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jetlagged
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie_C. I'd missed that. I'm stuffed then as I cannot see the landlord allowing that. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Cancel the contract within 14 days and it wont cost you anything. Call at 08.00 for the best chance of getting through quickly - options 1,1,4,4

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jetlagged
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's good to know thanks John. 

0 Kudos