Menu
Talontin
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Using hub 4 in modem mode

I have got a net gear r6260 and want to connect to my hub 4 

I have set my hub 4 in modem mode. Turned off and restarted it. I have connected port 1 to the internet port on the r6260 but I cannot get any internet to show on it. 
 If I connect the cable direct to pc it gives me internet. 
 If I connect from the hub port 1 to r6260 port 1 r6260 says cable error in setup. 

Am I missing something simple to get the internet to work from the hub too the r6260? 

0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using hub 4 in modem mode

you need to reboot the hub inbetween changing devices.. i.e. if you have your pc connected and it's working, and then you disconnect the pc and connect the router, the hub then needs to be rebooted..

try following this set of instructions..

Log into the hub on http://192.168.0.1 and select the option to put the hub into modem mode
The hub will then reboot and come back up in modem mode - give it five minutes to settle down
Disconnect all ethernet cables from the hub
Power off the Hub and your router/mesh system
Connect your router/mesh system to the hub via ethernet cable and switch it on - leave it five minutes to settle down
Power on the hub and leave it five minutes to settle down

Should all be working.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the above don't work get it working with the PC and hub in modem mode then connect PC to r6260 login and find MAC clone to copy your PC MAC to router and then connect router to hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Talontin, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you re having an issue with connecting the Hub to your r6260. The advice given above is pretty spot on so give that a try. Pop back here and let us know how you get on as if you're still having an issue we can look at other options. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos