cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgently need to cancel pre-install and contract... Going around in circles!!! Any advice, please?

Adele321
Just joined

Hi there. I've just bought a property, moving in over the next couple of weeks. I thought getting VM installed would be a good idea given the internet speeds. Silly me! I can't even speak to anyone BEFORE it's installed - I keep getting cut off, given numbers which then aren't to the right department, wait for hours and HOURS for replies on Whatsapp and have now been on hold to various numbers for almost 2 hours this morning, plus all over the weekend. I'm fuming - can you tell? Definitely why I want to leave VM before it's even been installed! 

I've tried every number going with this company and 'help' option, still to no avail and keep getting cut off or put through to the wrong dept. Clever tactic by VM so you can never leave, even if you don't have it yet! 

The install is booked for 17 Oct and I am desperate to cancel so I can go to another provider, that actually will speak to me. 

Anyone on here work for VM and can actually help me? Please?!

I work for the NHS and must have internet, but VM is definitely not my chosen route after this horrendous experience.

Thanks in advance. 

Adele

2 REPLIES 2

Yozzer
Dialled in

As I also have found, cancelling is a real and serious problem with VM, which WILL get them into trouble the way they are going on. I am in the cancellation period, and it was one of the forum team that eventually confirmed my cancellation request was being actioned, nothing even now from VM formally.

Personally, I followed the advice eventually from Goslow, a helper on this forum, and posted my cancellation request, recorded AND signed for, next day delivery, to Sunderland, address,

Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. is the address I used.

I understand the forum Team cannot cancel for you. I agree, it is a ploy, I now have my new supplier equipment installed and running, and my 30 days notice of cancellation is the 11th October, yet I still have not had formal confirmation from VM, even though I have cancelled on the phone, and in writing. At 82, this was causing considerable distress to both my wife and I, and it was only the kindness of a team member who eventually confirmed for me I was down for disconnection. There is still nothing showing on my account, which is appalling, and it was this appalling level of communication that resulted in my leaving after decades with VM, and the companies that went before them.

Good luck, but I believe the £6.85 it cost to do it in writing, is money well spent.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Adele321 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you have had when contacting us regarding your pre-installation. As mentioned by Yozzer, we're unable to cancel a service via the Community Forums, and you would need to speak with the Pre-Install Team directly on 📞 0800 052 1734 and then Option 2. The teams can get quite busy throughout the day, so it's usually best to call early in the morning (8AM - 10AM) or later in the evening (7PM - 8:30PM).

Please let us know how you get on, or if you need anything else, and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ