cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload QAM Level

salmanirtiza
Joining in

Hi, 

2 of my Upload QAM Modulation levels are down to 32 when I believe this should be 64.

Full signal levels as follows: (This is on a Hub 3.0 in Modem Mode) I have already done a pin level factory reset.

salmanirtiza_1-1676986402967.png

salmanirtiza_2-1676986425143.png

salmanirtiza_3-1676986457891.png

13 REPLIES 13

salmanirtiza
Joining in

Sorry I think this might be in the wrong section, if one of the mods could kindly move?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Downstream power levels too high and upstream in spec, but on the low side as well as bad QAM. Unless there is an area fault you will need a technician’s visit to rectify.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

ok thanks, I did the online diagnostics which says there is an issue with your connection and then to wait 24 hours and if still there, they would help me book a technician.

Thanks again for responding.

Hi there @salmanirtiza 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues with your service, I can see that you now have an engineer appointment booked to resolve this, can I ask if you can let us know how things go after the appointment? 

Many thanks, looks like upload QAM are now back to normal but the downstream signal levels are still high.

Also, one other thing I have noticed is that my SH 3 light on the front is always red. Its been like that for a while so I assumed it was normal but reading online, maybe not.

The SH is in the open, so no ventilation issues.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You say you run in modem mode. The LED should be magenta, but can look red to some people.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The engineer was due between 12-4 and now its coming up to 5:15 and he still hasn't turned up??

So not sure if he will turn up at all?

LOL, def looks red to me 🙂

salmanirtiza_0-1677258726820.png

The photo probably adds a bit of reflection which makes it look brighter but its a pretty constant red.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Hub remains with a red LED after a power cycle and in ROUTER mode, then it should be replaced.  It could be at risk of overheating.

As for modem mode, some see magenta as it is supposed to be, but other still insist it's red.  Very hard to distinguish really 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks