forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
evanjonesaber
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading from Maxit to Ultimate Oomph

Hiya,

I'm upgrading from maxittv with m350 broadband to ultimate oomph (so adding sports/cinema) and M500 broadband.

Arranged this via text with customer services.  Part of the text says that the new contract will start on the 27th and 'we will send an engineer between 1pm and 6pm to process the service upgrade in your property'.

However when tracking order, a line on it says the work can be done remotely so no need for engineer to visit.

Is anyone able to clarify if this would just be the case of virgin pressing a few buttons from their end on that day to boost the internet speed / add the extra tv programmes, or if I will get a face to face visit? Wouldn't have thought an engineer would've been needed for that?

I don't believe I'm having a new router/box as I have the v3 router and the latest box with tv360.

Also, if the upgrade is done remotely, will there be likely to be an internet drop out or is it just the case that the speed will just automatically increase?

Grateful for any help!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrading from Maxit to Ultimate Oomph

Do you already have multi room box?

If not that likely an engineer should be attending to install this unless you've haven't upgraded to Ultimate Oomph but actually just added Sky Premiums and Broadband Upgrade.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
evanjonesaber
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

We already have a spare box but don't use it as no room - small flat - so just use the main tv.  The customer advisor confirmed its switching us to ultimate oomph but mentioned nothing about installing a second box.  In reality, the upgrade is the SIM card with unlimited data, the sky sports and sky movies additions, and the increased internet speed.

So I'm presuming/hoping that will just be done remotely lol! 🙂

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds to me like the changes should go through on the 27th then.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos