Menu
JM1TTY
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading from 200mbps to VIVID 350

Iv just placed an order for an upgrade to the VIVID 350 speed. I currently have the one down (200mbps). I know i will get a new router with this upgrade. Does a virgin media engineer need to come out to apply this upgrade or will they simply just send me the new router in the post and that's it?

Also i have noticed it says 1 month contract? What does this mean exactly? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading from 200mbps to VIVID 350

@JM1TTY wrote:

Also i have noticed it says 1 month contract? What does this mean exactly? 

Thanks

I think that means your on a rolling monthly contract you know the top price when one finish a 12 month special price contract, means you can leave VM at a month notice with no leaving fees.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
Tudor
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I believe now they just send you a Hub3. Although I would always opt for a technician visit so they can check out your power levels and adjust them if required, stops later problems. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
jbrennand
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you get a technician visit for the Hub3, dont let them take your "old" Hub away - if its a SH2/2ac at least. There is an outside chance that if all goes pear-shaped on the new package that they might put you back to the old one - if you argue strongly enough for it ! It can also be used as a second wifi booster - if you connect it correctly to the Hub3.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos