Menu
rdabbott290192
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrades and Covid 19

I ordered an upgrade on 19th March to upgrade TV, Internet and purchase of an additional box. At the time of purchase, I was not informed of any restrictions to engineer installations and was even given numerous appointment dates which were cancelled on the day or the day before.

It has now been nearly 3 months and there still isn't any communication as to when engineers will be coming to install new services. I am conscious that this was a 12 month contract and at the end, it is rather an expensive package and I won't really have had the fill benefit having lost 3 months worth of use due to improved equipment not being installed.

I think it is outrageous that virgin are comfortable for engineers to install packages/services for new customers, but are not prepared to do this for upgrades for existing customers. Just pure profiteering and whilst I appreciate the risks of engineers operating under this circumstances, it feels as though Covid is being used as an excuse for poor treatment of existing customers.

Are Virgin Media any closer to relaxing their policy and supporting existing customers with upgrades?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrades and Covid 19

Yes restrictions were removed a couple of weeks ago. So they should be working through their waiting lists. Whether you are on one of those is another matter of course 🙂

Try calling in again and checking or re-ordering. Calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through quicly

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrades and Covid 19

Good Morning rdabbott290192,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see we've been unable to install your service, I can see that you've been able to speak to our team in regards to this matter.

Do feel free to come back to us if you need further assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos