Menu
DaftClanger
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded but hub delivery cancelled and no foreseeable delivery date. But still charged

Arranged upgrade to 1Gb broadband, hub should have been delivered today but I got a text at 11am saying it wasn't coming and there was no foreseeable delivery date. Half hour waiting on the phone to talk to someone, got cut off. Tried again, similar delay. Finally got through to someone who swore it would arrive today despite your own system telling me it wouldn't and Yodel's tracking saying no delivery date. I was told I can't cancel the contract as the hub had been sent (god knows where) and I am now in an 18 month contract. Checked with Ofcom, was told this is rubbish from an untrained or lying rep, if Virgin fail to provide the service then you should return me to previous contract and refund the set up fee.

No other way to get hold of Virgin tonight, so Direct Debit cancelled. Let's see how quickly I hear from you.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded but hub delivery cancelled and no foreseeable delivery date. But still charged

VM, like all other companies, are experiencing supply difficulties with their new equipment supplies being stuck in containers at the channel ports (see - The News) - so they are probably as frustrated as you are - and the agents will have little to no information on deliveries and so will be full of BS.

Cancelling and then moving supplier is no guarantee that those supplier's Hubs aren't in the same container too, but if you still want to cancel (which of course you can do anytime) call in at 08.00 (with no wait times) follow options 1,1,4,4 - and cancel.  However if you are still in contract there will be early disconnection fees - relative to the length left on the contract.  Out of contract its just a 3-day notice period

Whatever you do dont cancel the DD

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded but hub delivery cancelled and no foreseeable delivery date. But still charged

Ooops....

"Out of contract its just a 3-day notice period"

I meant 30-day notice period of course - apologies !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
DaftClanger
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If that's the case, Virgin should be telling us rather than charging me for an undelivered service and lying about the delivery date and my rights. It's a simple concept but Virgin seem to struggle with it

0 Kudos