Menu
Ulas
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Update needed regarding installation

Hi, I have been agreed to buy virgin media bundle (250Mbs broadband , Max-it TV and phone) around 20th August. And i have been told everything is ready and installation/set up date is 3rd September. So i was moving new home and cancelled my existing broadband provider due to Virgin's selling team. i received a text message after working after on the 2nd September saying that installation not possible due to cabling or some sort of things are missing. So bear in mind i have been sold something ready that s why i cancelled my existing broadband then learned they miss sold me something is not ready. i will try to summaries what happened between 2nd September and 22nd September. at least 10 phone calls average duration 1hour each , 3 complaints email none responded yet and at least 5 times virgin's text service which is useless and lost 1 hour average on each. I learned from all these conversation methods bit by bit that they need to dig the road ask the council or whatever and it may take 6-8 weeks just that process after that God knows. All i want either a weekly update via my virgin media account online without trying to communicate with someone or an email explaining whole process in details and what will happen coming weeks. Meanwhile i am keep topping up my O2 phone data as i need an internet at home with my wife as we are both have to work from home during the pandemic. I have another temporary internet from another provider. So virgin cost me so far £500 roughly. and i have no TV no phone line. Assuming end of October or Mid-November all will be sorted. If not i need to spend more money looks like. Unfortunately on the new address virgin is offering the best broadband speed and that was my reason to chose Virgin media. Still nobody replied and told me that i am entitled a compensation until the day i have the full virgin media service. As this whole process started with miss-selling a product that it is not available. So i just signed up and trying to reach someone who has a knowledge about what is going on at Virgin Media and reply back to me with answers. lets see if this method is going to work.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Update needed regarding installation

Hello Ulas

Thanks for your post

Sorry to hear about the delayed installation as construction work is required 

When we come to install service they are good to go then instance like this arise and 

physically we find out cable may be damaged, need replacing or missing 

It is then sent to the local authorities to get permission to dig and replace cable

This information is not easily transferable to online accounts 

I can see you have been advised of the date when this is due to be completed 

The complaint you have logged is sat with the right Team who will be in touch 

Also our construction Team will keep you updated if any dates change 

Sorry that we are not able t help much on the Forums 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos