Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update from the construction team

Hello,

We just moved in a new build house 3 weeks ago. However I checked with VM in the beginning of September and I was told I can get broadband install in my new property on 7th of October as Virgin is available for all residential properties in my street. We were very happy with this. Anyway the installation date was putted on hold on 30/09/2020 and I have been told additional work from the construction team is required. Since then 4 weeks later I have no update. I can't reach construction team directly and the pre-installation team have no information as well.

It's very frustrating as my job is depended on a broadband connection. I can't stay much longer without internet. I just want to know when the construction work is going to be done and when I will have broadband active. 

Please would you be able to help as I am desperate and if there is a no update soon better to go with different provider, rather waiting for VM to give me update. They may not have the same speed, but it's better than nothing.

Please, please, please.  

Many thanks,

Mariyana

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update from the construction team

If external work is happening they may be waiting for the council for planning permission, so the standard time frame is 6 - 8 weeks. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

I checked in our council and there is no application for our address. So the main problem is that I suspect they haven't even started any of the process 😞 This is why I am trying to get in contact with someone from Virgin, where I will be able to receive a proper update on the status of the order? 

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with that as customer services won't know anything as the various parts of VM don't communicate! So they'll likely tell you something random to get you off the phone. 

You could try the preinstallation team on 0800 052 1734 - they might have more info? 

0 Kudos