Menu
SamMcKeown
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unrecognised access point with virgin media connect app

Hello,

trying to scan my house with the new WiFi recently installed but when I go to scan the house it won’t let me because apparently I’m connected to the wrong hub or something but I’m connected to the right thing so any tips to solve this.

0 Kudos
Aley
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unrecognised access point with virgin media connect app

Hi Sam,

did you ever get this issue resolved?

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SamMcKeeown and Aley, 

Thank you for your post. 

Are you both still having this issue since your post? Let me know. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Aley
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am still having this issue when trying to scan for WiFi black spots

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Aley, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the app and the delayed response. Can you confirm if you are still having such issues? Does uninstalling and reinstalling the app help at all? - Chris 

0 Kudos
Aley
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried reinstalling the app many times and also forgetting the network and reconnecting to network anew. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Aley

Thanks for popping back last week, sorry we missed your reply. I was able to locate your account and can see that you have called an chatted with us about your WiFi range and have since ordered boosters to assist with your issue. 

Are you still struggling with the Connect App? I

In regard to your WiFi, I can see that the reason you may be having issues is the fact that you have 3 devices that are far too close to your Hub - these are taking up valuable bandwidth which would then impact other devices you may have connected in the home. All 3 devices seem to be connected to the 5Ghz connection. They would be better to be moved away from the Hub or where possible, connect via Ethernet.  

It may also be worth moving them and then running the Scan again via the Connect App to see if that helps. 

If not, please do pop back and let us know exactly what happens when you attempt to connect to the app and then when you try and scan your home. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos