cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up virgin connect hub 5

nickc90
Tuning in

Hi.

I had multiple issues after upgrading to 1GB. The latest attempt to sort the issue was on Thursday when an engineer replaced the hub 5 with another one.  All seems OK so far although ever since it was replaced I’ve not been able to connect using the virgin connect app from Apple Store.  I’ve deleted and reinstalled many times and also hard reset the hub back to factory defaults but still no luck.  Go through setup, says hub installing, stays the same (have left it many times for 30 minutes plus). Other times it says, “We can’t find your hub “.  Called tech support this morning who were not very helpful but suggested that it can take 72 hours for the hub to accept this connection 🥱.  Anyone else have this issue or advice ?  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It seems the "backend" database for the Connect app takes several days or more to catch up with Hub installs.  It "should" work eventually going by past similar posts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great !  Will wait and update after a few days. Thanks

Just to let you know I installed a Hub 5 last Wednesday and it took till this morning for my Connect app to register

Hello nickc90

Thanks for posting in regards to the Connect App issues and connecting to your hub, we appreciate the confusion and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As advised in other posts, it can take a few days for all of the details to filter through to allow the Connect App to the Hub, please allow a few days and try it during this time to see if it has updated. Let us know if you need us further 🙂

Rob