cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to respond to installation confirmation SMS

PaulBent
Joining in

Hi,

My virgin media broadband is to be installed on Saturday 17th September and I have received an SMS from 86002 asking me to reply CONFIRM or CHANGE for the appointment.

I want the installation to go ahead but I cannot respond to the SMS as I keep getting 

1. A message from Android telling me it'll cost money to respond 

2. a "Not Sent, click here to try again" when I try to send the message

I'm on GiffGaff/O2 and I generally run my account with only a data and calls/SMS goodybag.  No direct cash for chargeable calls on the account.  I am not prepared to top-up my account with £10 I'm not going to ever use in order to respond to this message.  How do I proceed? 

I've checked online in my account and there's no record of anything in there either.

To be honest, straight off the bat sending messages demanding responses that will cost money prior to installation even taking place is NOT a good start, so I'm considering cancelling the whole thing and sticking with my existing provider which I haven't cancelled yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and see if they can confirm it for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 or 0345 454 1111 and see if they can confirm it for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks I tried that, I was told that the appointment was still booked but since then I have received 2 more messages that I still can't respond to.
Thus far I'm just left with hoping the appointment goes ahead. No issue for me if they drop the ball on this, I already confirmed on a different non-charged number for the pre-install work.
Maybe I'll just stick with my old provider. I've heard varying stories about Virgin, some good and some absolute horror shows, I'm only trying switching because I fancied a faster connection as I work from home.

Hi there @PaulBent, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with getting the appointment confirmed. I have checked our system and can see that you spoken to the team since your last post.

Were they able to help you with this? If you need any further support, we will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Just wanted to say that your mileage may vary. I've just moved house and the whole moving process is a complete joke. 3 months and 4 cancelled engineer appointments and still no cable. Now a text message that I can't reply to 😭

That said, I had Virgin cable at my old place and nothing else can touch it for performance. DSL broadband (i.e. down the phone line) is primitive by comparison.

Unfortunately Virgin know this and since they have a monopoly on cable they don't need to worry too much about customer service. This was even the case back in the NTL days.

If you're willing to tolerate the poor customer service you will get a connection that is superior in every way. If you're not, just cancel because you'll be stressed and irritated if you have any issues.

Thanks for the post on our help forum g00p.

We're sorry to hear of this issue with your install and delays caused after the latest house move, has our team previously advised on the specific reason for this delay as these may vary and could involve extra cabling work outside the property or council permits pending in some cases etc?

Have you had any further updates since you last posted here on Monday?
What's the date confirmed on the latest appointment confirmation you've received from us and is this in regard to your install or other external work if you know this?

Let us know what info you got from there, we'd be happy to assist further so please let us know and we can look into things further for you.
Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs