cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to respond to confirmation SMS, no email confirmation sent yet.

isabellalapa
Tuning in

Hello,

Earlier today I set up a contract for broadband on the phone. I have yet to receive a confirmation email  with my account number. I have received two text messages with links to review pre-contact documents and provide consent. When I click both links on the message, I try to fill in my last name and do the recaptcha but it just bounces back to se same page and never lets me move forward. I have tried putting in my last name with a capital, my full name, my full name and my title but nothing works. 

Since it is a new account, I don't know how to fix this issue or view any of my details to confirm whether there is just an error in how they were submitted. The operator I spoke with left me the customer service number to work out the issue, I tried calling and once I got through to someone they said they were unable to locate my account so they wouldn't be able to help me.

I am due for installation on Saturday 6th but I am unsure whether this issue will complicate that from happening. 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey isabellalapa,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I have been unable to locate you on our system right now, did your install go ahead over the weekend?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

My installation went ahead on Saturday, it has been working so far and my direct debit was also approved. But I received another SMS saying that my order will expire shortly if I don't consent, and I am still unable to when I write down the last name I gave to the operator, or my full name or anything. 

When I call customer service I they are also unable to locate me on the system. Yet I do know that the address and  my phone number and my address are both linked correctly.

I am unsure where things have gone wrong and how to fix them.

thank you,

Isabella 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi isabellalapa, thanks for getting in touch with our forum team and welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with confirming the order with us over the link we've sent, we'd love to help out.

As you've already been installed, your contract and services with us are currently active, can I just confirm if you've received a contract copy in this case?

Also, regarding the online account access can you please let us know where we are with this process and have you managed to register here and verify the email, create a password etc?

Lastly, can you advise if you're using the email registered when you placed the order with us or other to do this and what error do you get during this process?

Please, share more and we're eager to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello,

thank you for your response. I have yet to receive a copy of my contract so I have not been able to register online since I don't know my account number or my area reference. 

I was able to get some assistance from customer service on the phone yesterday, my services will continue to be active, and they have submitted the issue with my email address and problems registering. I am awaiting a phone call or email to see how that has progressed. 

I am using the email I registered with, but I haven't received any correspondence from virgin media on it. I did my whole order on the phone so I suspect that there might have been an error when noting it down? I think I corrected it on the phone yesterday, but still no emails with the document or ability to register my account. 

I hope this additional information helps. 

Regards 

Isabella

Hi @isabellalapa,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update. I'm glad to hear that some things have been tended to and resolved.

Have you since been able to get the My Virgin Media online account set up, or do you still need some help with that?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!