Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register for My Virgin Media account.

I had Virgin Media Fibre and Landline installed 8 days ago and have been unsuccessfully trying to register for a My Virgin Media account ever since.

I have talked to Virgin Media customer service five time already and no one has resolved the issue. On one occasion I was waiting for 10 hours for a reply on the online chat.....usually it's about 5 hours.....only to be told they need to transfer me to the Technical Team (which I already selected in the options) followed by another wait of multiple hours for someone to reply and ultimately not resolve the issue.

On Friday (two days ago) I was told the email address needed to be transferred from my old account to my new account. I was advised this would take 24 hours and then I click “Sign In” and “Forgotten Password” and the new password for the account will be emailed to me.

This isn’t working, I just get an onscreen message saying “Unable to find username”.

When I use my main email address to try to register (the same email address I used when joining Virgin Media) I get the following error messages:

“Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again.”

“Sorry, this username is not available. Please enter another username and try again.”

When I try using an alternative email address to register I get the following error message:

“Sorry! We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.”

I want to register for My Virgin Media so I can access billing information etc.

I have tried using the app, mobile and laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register for My Virgin Media account.

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi iamthegr81, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear of your experience when trying to register your account.

On review of your account, I can see the team have raised this with the IT team to investigate. 

As this request is now out of SLA, can you please let us know if you are now able to register for the online account?

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Natalie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm that I am still not able to register for a My Virgin Media account.

In addition, I have not had a working landline since I joined on 24th October (over 2 weeks) and my neighbors TalkTalk WiFi signal is stronger in my house than my own Virgin Media WiFi.

This might sound like an exaggeration but I have genuinely spent around 50 (yes FIFTY) hours on Virgin web chat and on the phone but nothing has been sorted.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back in touch and letting me know iamthegr81.

I am going to need to take a closer look in to this so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. 

This message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natalie,

Just to let you know I've replied to your private message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi iamthegr81, 

I have just popped you a response over, apologies for the delay 🙂 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

I have sent you a private message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon Natalie,

I've sent a few private messages but think you might have missed them. I'm hoping you'll see this and be able to help to resolve the issues I am facing?

Thanks you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi iamthegr81

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry for any delays, I have sent you a private message with further details.

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos