Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to plug hub into wall socket

Hi,

We have received our quickstart box but don't understand which socket and how to plug it in as the sockets I have look nothing like what it shows in the quick start guide.

These are the two sockets I see -

1. Says virgin on it but has a phone line type socket

virgin phone line.jpg

2. Doesn't say anything but looks like a coaxial one however my white hub wire doesn't fit in 

coaxial.jpg

I have been on calls for 3 hours each day for last 3 days but Customer service hasn't given any direction of what needs to be done. I'm told my connection is active but see green light when connected to the phone line - 

IMG_1884.jpg

Please advise what is needed and how can we get connected to the internet as Customer service is not helping.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to plug hub into wall socket

Looks like you need a manned install. The coax outlet pictured is for a rooftop Freeview aerial, not for Virgin cable.

Have a look outside for Virgin’s incoming cable on your front wall & you may be able to see where the coax cable goes, as it may have been installed in a different place to the phone socket.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to plug hub into wall socket

Good morning @manavbhatia 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to respond, I will be more than happy to arrange a maned install for you. 

In order to do so, I will need to PM you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos