cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get a Virgin Media line to a property

Alex_M2
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a property but I wanted to make sure I can get faster than 70Mbps (FTTC) speeds. I've checked on the postcode checker and several other properties in the area have Virgin Media.

I filled out a line check form which apparently gets an engineer to the area to check if a line to a property is possible and in less than 24hrs they got back to me stating it is not possible - Which I find that an incredibly quick turn around with being able to get an engineer booked to go to the area in less than a day to confirm this (they state it could take up to 10 days).

This heavily impacts the likelihood of buying this property and it would be a shame not to get it based on a potential false report where an engineer wasn't sent to check.

Any help with this would be great.

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It has to be economically viable for VM to service your property. As they use a separate network & have no Universal Service Obligation as BT Openreach do if they decide connecting the property would go over budget they will refuse.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It may not be necessary to visit to get the answer.

For instance if their records show there is no cable passing directly by the property it would not be economic to dig up sufficient lengths of road to install one. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

That makes sense, I wish they told me the reason though instead of the boiler plate reply of:

"We're sorry to say that things haven't exactly gone to plan and we can't bring Virgin Media to your area."

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Have you checked with Openreach when they will be upgrading your area to FTTP? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah, any time from now until 2026.