Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unable to book an engineer

Hi,

I'm a new customer and so far I'm unhappy with the service. I have received my equipment and I don't have a Virgin connection point, therefore I need to book an engineer

Yesterday I was on hold for over an hour with awful hold music. I finally got through to an agent, who agreed to call me back in the morning. She tried transferring me to the tech support team twice, and the call kept getting disconnected. My guesses are that someone didn't know how to transfer or accept the call.

I selected option 1 to receive a text so as not to wait on hold, which didn't come. I can't believe there isn't a simple method on the website where I can book an engineer online, rather than having to wait a ridiculous time on hold! If there is, please let me know as it's not obvious. If this isn't resolved within a week I'm going to need to cancel my contract and look elsewhere.

My account number is [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to book an engineer

You could try the pre-installation and delivery team - they may be able to help 0800 052 1734.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did you get it sorted out, I have exactly the same issue except I clicked the link to say I was leaving and got straight through after waiting 35 minutes for the installation team to answer. I have an engineer coming after we tried everything to get it working. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kingcarper69,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you were unable to install your service, good to hear you now have a technician booked to install your services, if you have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Kingcarper69,

... snip ...

Paul.

How about responding to the the OP rather than someone that has piggy backed the thread ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

For the last 6 months every time I turn tv on I have to disconnect all cables as message "weak or no signal " keeps showing. When i phone virgin a robot keeps telling me to go on line. As an elderly pensioner I am finding this very frustrating. I believe one of the cable in my set up to be faulty but I can't get through to speak to a human being to explain that I need an engineer. I bet they will soon contact me when I cancel the direct debit. Terrible contactless service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Ooozy123 wrote:

For the last 6 months every time I turn tv on I have to disconnect all cables as message "weak or no signal " keeps showing. When i phone virgin a robot keeps telling me to go on line. As an elderly pensioner I am finding this very frustrating. I believe one of the cable in my set up to be faulty but I can't get through to speak to a human being to explain that I need an engineer. I bet they will soon contact me when I cancel the direct debit. Terrible contactless service.

Start a new thread with full details of how your equipment is connected up, and you should receive some advice on here.

Don't cancel the direct debit because the contact you will receive will be from a debt chaser.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndreaP2

Please accept my apologies for the late response.  I am sorry to hear you've had issues booking a technician.  Please can I ask if your issues have been resolved?  If not i can take a closer look at this on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ooozy123, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your signal.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  To enable me to do this I am going to send you a private message, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
I'm hardly piggybacking Mike, I simply asked if the person with the original issue got it sorted so possibly I could try the same thing, isn't that the point of these forums? 
0 Kudos