Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to activate new superhub

I recently got a new superhub to replace my old one to try and improve my internet connection and have a couple of quick questions.    

Understand that I need to activate it but can't get to the option to do so.  When I call the automated line 0800 953 9500, the only option I can find is about activating Quickstart kit - is that the right one for a replacement superhub?  There's no quickstart branding in the packaging anywhere.

If that quickstart kit activation is the right option, I still can't get past the password prompt on the automated line though, because it won't accept the characters from my account password (which I know are correct since I used the password to log in to the virginmedia website).    Is the password that the automated line asks for characters from the same password that I use to log into my.virginmedia.com?

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to activate new superhub

Hi it should ask for your account number area code and serial number of the device you want to activate, so hopefully will know that its a hub. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

It is not the same password as you login with it is called the telephpne password so when you call up the will ask for characters from that password, sometimes this is called the security answer.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK I can get to a menu option which says to pick it to ask for help with activation but that's a dead end since it says call centres impacted due to coronavirus or something and suggests I go to the faults website instead. 

Is there a way to actually activate without needing to speak to someone on the phone? 

All I want to do is activate the new hub

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick_0, 

Thanks for your post on the forums, I am sorry to hear you're having some issues activating your HUB. The number you quoted above -  0800 953 9500 - is the correct one for activation. The password it asks for is the one you give to us when you call in, this is completely different and separate to the one you use for your online account. If you can't remember what your password is then we can help change it here on the forums, but we would not be able to activate your HUB, this has to be done via the number. 

Please let me know if you need any further help with your password. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos