Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

URGENT- WiFi Hub dead

My Hub 3 box is completely dead, I tried plugging it into different outlets and it isn’t working, is there any way to use another temporary Router for the time being?

ive been calling Virgin Media for the past 3 hours and they keep cutting the calling at the 30 minute mark.

ive got work and my kids have uni assignments, this has by far got to be the worst customer service I’ve seen from a company that charges absurd prices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT- WiFi Hub dead

Hello

The only devices that you can connect to the Virginmedia network is the Virgin Hubs, just as a quick check the switch on the back of the hub has not be accidentally turned off ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tried everything, nothing is on or off the box is just outright dead. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There is a on/off switch at back of hub where the power cable is check its switched to 1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you have anything else in your house that runs off a 12v power supply that you could try on the Hub?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No, any guesses on things that use 12v adapters?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you've got 12v coming off the psu lead and the hub is switched on and still no lights then the hub is dead and needs replacing, unfortunately this means a long wait on the phone to virgin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you do try anything else, make sure the polarity is correct, as you could cause further damage the hub or even damage the adaptor. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You reckon that not getting a replacement router organised the same day is "by far got to be the worst customer service I’ve seen from a company that charges absurd prices."? 

Virgin Media have their faults but they are just as affected by Covid-19 as any other company. 

Try getting a television or washing machine replaced under warranty tomorrow and see how you get on.

VM is a domestic service. If you want broadband for business or some other time critical function get yourself a 4G dongle as backup. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks 

Marco VM field service tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more