Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi Everyone

I really hope someone can help me ASAP please. Basically, we are due to move into a property on the 30th of October (next Friday) and we have set up our broadband, Tv and phone package early as we were aware there is normally a few week waiting time for it to be fitted.

our engineer is scheduled for 2nd November which is fine. However, Virgin want to come out to complete ‘external works’ before the engineer comes out. Can they do this before we actually own the property??? I have explained to Virgin so many times we don’t move in until the 30th but it looks like they are trying to get someone to fit the external cables before we even own the property.

im really trying to stop this from happening as I don’t want to be getting sued for having work done to someone else’s house/garden. I have spoken to virgin on the phone and they said it can go ahead as they don’t touch the property?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED

The black cable that comes from the Street Cabinet comes out of a 'T' on the pavement just outside the property boundary, from there it is routed though the garden / yard to the property wall where they will leave a coil of cable for the Install engineers to use.

They don't need access to the inside of the property.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Mike. So if they are still accessing his garden, I cannot give permission for this to go ahead. I will have to phone Virgin in the morning and ask them to prevent anyone going to the property until the 30th ( if they can do this).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They will have a thing called a >> Wayleave << in place.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

if you cancel the prepull you will not get installed on your install day. Some people have reported having to wait months for the cable pull so you should plan to have no internet for the first few weeks minimum and maybe up to a month or 2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, that will have to be the case I think. Thank you for your reply.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MikeRobbo wrote:

They will have a thing called a >> Wayleave << in place.

Why would VM have a way leave in place for a property which doesn't currently have VM services and the current owners do not have or require VM services? 

You can only have work done on the property (which includes leaving cables on the property driveway/lawn whatever) after you have exchanged contracts. 

Even if it's a shared driveway, the current owners would have to give permission, who are unlikely to do so in case the purchase falls through. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That is what I was thinking as I am unable to give permission for this to go ahead. I will contact Virgin tomorrow morning, it is so difficult trying to get through at the moment due to the circumstances. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pre-installation and delivery team are on.. 0800 052 1734 Call at 08.00 to get through quicker

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos