Menu
Espinos
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Two male connectors

Hi

I got my new hub today, tried to connect but can't. I have a coaxial cable installed years ago by the VM engineer coming out of the VM box on the wall but the end of the cable has a male connector so can't connect the hub as also male. I can't unscrew the cable from the box either without ripping out the installation, any ideas what could I do? Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two male connectors

What Hub is it ?

A photo of the VM wall connector and one of the cable ends will help people diagnose.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't the SH3 have a female connector? Can't you just connect your existing cable directly to the hub?

The wall box should have the required isolator in it.

0 Kudos
paul0363
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You could buy one of these.  You can usually get them in B&Q and Homebase as well as from Amazon. 

Espinos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, I've just ordered it! 

0 Kudos
Emjayscott
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, 

I've got the same issue - so I was just wondering if this worked for you? 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A female to female F connector may well work. But you will possibly be running without an isolator unless one was sent in your kit. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos