cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv360 box and Samsung TV HDMI issue

gazza08
Joining in

Hi,

I received my new TV 360 box to replace my old TiVo box and set it up with the new HDMI and Ethernet cables provided.

The installation was very straightforward and the box worked fine until I put my TV on standby.

When my TV is turned back on the picture does not come on but there is intermittent sound. I have tried all the different HDMI ports and different HDMI cables but the only fix I’ve found is to unplug the power from the TV. Once power is restored to the TV the picture and sound come back fully and there are no other issues until I put the TV back into standby again.

I’ve tried changing the resolution output from auto to fixed 4K, 1080p and 1080i on the 360 box but the issue still remains, I’ve also tried turning off input signal plus on the TV but it didn’t help either.

I’d be grateful for any help.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You can try this. Put both the box and TV into standby when you're not watching the TV, then take the TV and box out of standby in that order. This might fix any handshaking problem.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You can try this. Put both the box and TV into standby when you're not watching the TV, then take the TV and box out of standby in that order. This might fix any handshaking problem.

--

Thanks Roger Gooner,

Really appreciate the help. 

That works if I use the TV remote to turn the TV on first. Seems like my TV doesn’t agree with the tv control function on the tv360 remote. Cheers!

Gld that you got it working. 😀

--