Menu
Voluptasse1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv on demand not working

My on Demand, Netflix and apps having been working for over 3 weeks now. All that keeps happening is Virginmedia keep putting back the dates that the engineer is fixing it!! Happy to put the price of my bills up but no engineers to fix the products I am being charged £90 a month for.

When will this actually be fixed and will I be receiving a discount as I am being charged for a service that I can’t use. 

0 Kudos
DerrickVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv on demand not working

Hi

Has this issue been resolved?

If not give this a go

Turn Tv box off from the.switch.at the back

Then.turn off your router and back on again

Do not turn the Tv box on until your.router.has fully loaded back up you have internet connection again and all lights on from of the router are off apart from the white light at the bottom

This may resolve your issue

Regards

D

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Voluptasse1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please tell me that’s a joke? Of course I have. The issue is one that Virgin are aware of and they are supposed to be getting an engineer to fix. All they do is keep changing the date that the engineer is fixing it, not sorting the problem! 

so no, switching on and off won’t fix it.

0 Kudos
Voluptasse1
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is someone going to respond to me? 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Voluptasse1 wrote:

My on Demand, Netflix and apps having been working for over 3 weeks now. All that keeps happening is Virginmedia keep putting back the dates that the engineer is fixing it!! Happy to put the price of my bills up but no engineers to fix the products I am being charged £90 a month for.

When will this actually be fixed and will I be receiving a discount as I am being charged for a service that I can’t use. 

Sorry but this isn't clear.

Do you actually mean they are NOT working?  Were they working before, or is this a new service/upgrade? Were you given a date for an engineer visit?

Is it a TiVo or a V6?  What is the display when you select the On demand menu?

0 Kudos
Voluptasse1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo box keeps losing connection. We have no demand services or we get them, and they cut off after a few minutes. I use the app to check the status of our service and they kept saying that they knew that there was a fault, but instead of it being fixed, the date of expected fixing kept getting moved back. So it wasn’t fixed. 
I am still having issues now. When you try to use on demand it says ‘not available’ but it can be used on another television. We cannot use Apps or Netflix either as there is no connection. 
I use the network settings to reconnect but that doesn’t always work either. 
The app started saying that services were working again over the last week but when I check my own service via the app, it comes up saying that there is an issue that Virgin are working on, but they obviously aren’t because it’s been like this for over a month now.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK. This sounds like a general broadband issue rather than specific to the TV.  It looks like you will just have to wait for the fix. Very frustrating for you.

0 Kudos
Voluptasse1
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We’ve had an engineer come to look at it. He moved the router to another room and made it worse. He also promised to give up a Netgear booster and it never arrived! I am absolutely don’t with VirginMedia. Trying to contact someone is a mammoth task in itself 🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos