cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv cable - not long enough

Justin-harrower
Joining in

Just recently got my virgin package, during set up the cable from the virgin output socket is at the other side of the room and the cable isn’t long enough to reach the tv from the socket. Is there a longer one that can be sent out?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What TV box did you get?  Is it that box that you are wanting to connect to the wall socket rather than the TV itself?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & TNT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi), Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Virgin 360, I have the wifi and tv but there is only one cable that both use to connect. It’s the white cable that plugs into the wall socket that is too short to reach the tv box under the unit 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Self-install packs are only suitable if you are using the TV box & internet hub within 3 metres of each other. For any other install configuration you need to request a manned install. The installer will then make up the required cables on-site to suit individual requirements.

VM only send out the standard 1 or 3 metre cables, as longer ones can have an adverse effect on signal levels, that then require a technician visit to open the street cabinet & make adjustments.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So.....

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and book a Tech install

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & TNT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi), Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks all 

Hi Justin-harrower,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums 😊

Sorry to hear that your TV cable isn't long enough for you. It doesn't appear that you have been in touch with the team since your last reply from here, so I'll drop you a PM so I can help you if it's still needed. 

Beth