Menu
gazgdc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Truly astonishingly bad service and product

If you are thinking about joining Virgin DO NOT.

Had the ultimate oomph package installed on 20/9. 
Engineer was fine, installed cables where I wanted but couldn't test internet connection as there were planned upgrades being done in the area. Not his fault but why would a new install be allowed at a time when testing couldn't happen. I agreed to finished everything off myself.

I am supposed to receive 500mb - yeah right. Getting max of 230 but usually around 150mb mark. For Wifi I get 30mb with a device sitting next to the router.

I have phoned up Virgin 8 times with 7 calls being terminated after 1 hour having not been connected. Purely based on this you should be shut down as unfit for purpose. I eventually got somebody who tested my connection said it was fine and it must be a fault on my side (standard company response). So it must be losing 350mb in the 1 foot between my router and PC. Anyway I raised a complaint on that call.

Went on holiday for a week and heard nothing until I got a call at work on 08/10 from a Virgin engineer telling me he was here to install my TV. No appointment, no email, nothing, stunning lack of communication. I told him I already had it installed but it was ****. He wanted to lay a new cable across my lawn but I told him no way as nobody had even tested the connection at my house. So we left it there. 2 hours later I got a call from a call centre telling me they were coming out about my issue on 15/10. I told them they had been out 2 hours earlier to which they couldn't understand.

Since then I have had to reboot by Hub several times as Wifi just keeps failing. I have run a more than 100 speed tests, some in quick succession. These are the download speeds I got over a 5 minute period today 233 170 108 129 103 128 250.

Ha - just got disconnected after 47 mins waiting again to get put through as I write this.

My homeplugs don't seem to support my additional V6 box with enough spped though they were fine with Sky. If I use my wifi extender with it I get buffered. The V6 Tivo navigation must have been designed by someone on cocaine - I'm used to it now but boy is it bad compared to sky - you are never more than about 10 clicks away from what you want to do. The picture going straight from V6 to my top of the range Oled TV is terrible.

I can live with issues, I live in the UK, I expect companies to be utterly useless.

But I have never, ever found it impossible to speak to a company. You should be utterly ashamed of the service you provide.

When/If I finally speak to someone it will be to leave.

0 Kudos
HamidW
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Truly astonishingly bad service and product

agreed this is the worst customer service i have experience if i can ever get through to someone and virgin i will be leaving, enough of this **bleep**.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm but calling early between 08.00-11.00 is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
goody1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I haven't been with them a month and already im realising they are at least as bad a talktalk for customer service

0 Kudos