cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble installing Hub3

sophielapin
Joining in

The cable provided for internet doesn’t seem to fit the plug at home. Where should I insert the Ethernet Cable? Do you think I might need an adapter to insert it correctly? 

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@sophielapin wrote:

The cable provided for internet doesn’t seem to fit the plug at home. Where should I insert the Ethernet Cable? Do you think I might need an adapter to insert it correctly? 

Post a few images of what you have.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will only have been sent a QuickStart pack if the premises previously had VM. The box and cables may have been removed by the previous occupiers. There should be an omnibox, often brown or gray, on the outside of the premises, try tracing the cable/s from it. If no luck call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sophielapin 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the quick start installation. 

I haven't been able to locate you on our systems. The ethernet cable goes from the router to a device such as a laptop, TV or consol. It's used to connect to the internet directly, rather than using the WiFi network. 

There should also be a white faceplate/socket in the home with a TeleWest, NTL or Virgin Media logo on it, which is what you will need to connect the coaxial cable to, then into the router. 

Have you managed to speak with our Quick start team on 0800 953 9500? If you do need a new faceplate, the team will be able to arrange a manned installation for you to assist further. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley