cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting Hub 3

bee522
Just joined

Hi all 

Just got my kit today and trying to install - previous tenant had VM internet and had their cable in this middle location but I am still just getting the flashing green light on the hub. What other cables do I need to connect to get this to work? Have tried calling VM who were completely unhelpful. 

Any help appreciated. 379655851_763832795502040_4764911131069038361_n.jpg379658102_996746054940728_2943274007878090703_n.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You have no input cable plugged into the splitter.

The input connector is the LHS socket on the splitter in pic 1. It is marked IN on the splitter.

You have several other coax cables showing in pic 2. Find the one that goes outside to the plastic wall box and connect that to the splitter input. Probably best to try with the splitter first, if that was a recent working setup, as the signal levels may be matched to having the splitter in place.

Alternatively, if you only want to connect one device, when you have found the incoming cable, remove that coupler adapter (the adapter screwed into the centre cable in your hand in pic 2), connect it to the incoming cable and push-fit your cable from the Quick Start pack onto that (the adapter will allow you to connect two plugs together and remove the splitter if you don't need the splitter to connect other/more devices).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You have no input cable plugged into the splitter.

The input connector is the LHS socket on the splitter in pic 1. It is marked IN on the splitter.

You have several other coax cables showing in pic 2. Find the one that goes outside to the plastic wall box and connect that to the splitter input. Probably best to try with the splitter first, if that was a recent working setup, as the signal levels may be matched to having the splitter in place.

Alternatively, if you only want to connect one device, when you have found the incoming cable, remove that coupler adapter (the adapter screwed into the centre cable in your hand in pic 2), connect it to the incoming cable and push-fit your cable from the Quick Start pack onto that (the adapter will allow you to connect two plugs together and remove the splitter if you don't need the splitter to connect other/more devices).

bee522
Just joined

Thanks a lot! After some sleuthing I found the source - it had been covered up with a decorative box, painted and then hidden behind the blinds so a bit hard to find!! Have plugged directly into there and we are good to go! 

Hi bee522,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, glad to hear you have found the connection hidden away and now have a working service.

Now you are up and running don't forget to set up an Online Account, you can then manage your account and use all our Apps.

If you do need any further support you know where we are.

Regards

Paul.