Menu
ChrisW22
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Transfer from BT - keeping phone number

Hi,  I am transferring my phone/broadband from BT and want to keep my current BT number. Do you advise BT of the transfer and agree a termination date for my current BT services? Thx. 

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer from BT - keeping phone number

You  would be given a transfer date when you booked , did this not happen ??

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
ChrisW22
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

No, I was not given a transfer date when the order was booked.  I selected a date in mid-Feb for the install but there was nothing to stop me selecting an install date of this week! 

I called BT last Friday and they had, at that point, no contact from you re transfer of services. Do you agree a transfer date with BT and BT inform me of the date they will cease my current services, or do I need to take any action?  As we are all working from home at the moment I don't want and gap broadband services, nor do I want to pay for overlapping services.

Thx

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thank you.Provided the number port has been requested we will automatically process this on the day, you shouldn’t need to do anything.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
ChrisW22
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon,  thanks for the update.

How do I know if the number port has been requested with BT?

Thanks,  Chris.

0 Kudos