Menu
DAWPboro
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Total lack of service

Why have we had no service for three days? Confused and contradictory responses from “help” lines? Unable to book a technical support visit or support call as the problem is area wide.

Impossible to undertake on line meetings or work. VM silent on the issue of when their problem, what ever it is, will be resolved, or on compensation. Total lack of apology.

Dreadful customer service. Will be leaving VM.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Total lack of service

If it's a known issue area wide then have you tried looking at Check service status at the top of the page?  There may be a Fault reference number showing and the estimated repair time/date.

You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  there you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If you do receive an fault reference then you can call VM quoting the number and ask for an update.

There is currently nothing showing on https://downdetector.co.uk/status/virgin-media/map/   or https://www.virginmedia.com/help/outage 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If there is an area fault then no technician’s visits are scheduled until the fault is fixed. You are provided with a residential service and there is no SLA for the service. If you totally depend on a broadband service for your work you should consider a business service and also a backup connection like a 4G/5G dongle.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

And for compensation you should check the ofcom website as vm follow the standard ofcom compensation system and its all automatic and will be credited to your next bill. 

0 Kudos
DAWPboro
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Service Status line says there is no issue. Phoning 150 they say there is an issue. No fault reference provided.

Tried to speak to a human being : not possible.

Still confused and fed up. Will definitely be leaving this dreadful company.

0 Kudos
DAWPboro
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

VM have texted me to say fault resolved, but it isn’t. Now waiting on the phone to speak to someone.

Vodaphone have cable outside my house, offer dongle back up too. For £10 per month less than VM. Will change to Vodaphone.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Have you logged into your VM account to access the service status from there, it will run a diagnostic if required.

It's also strange that say talking to a human is impossible as I spoke to one this morning after just 10 minutes waiting ? 

0 Kudos
DAWPboro
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Yes I have, it said there was no issue, though phoning 150 I was informed by the automated response that there was an area issue.

I received a txt saying the area issue was resolved, this, however, did not resolve the problem. It took me 25 minutes to get through on the phone. A service visit was booked. The technician did attend. Internet was restored. This morning - no internet.

Getting extremely frustrated by VM.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you need to ring them back, and go through the whole process again.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi DAWPboro

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've not been able to locate your account via the forum information provided, is everything all sorted?

Please let me know if not and I'll be more than happy to assist

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos