cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told to wait 14 days before ordering Pods.

mitchel66
Joining in

We recently had VM fibre installed and the engineer said we needed to wait 14 days before ordering any WiFi Pods.

Is there a good reason for this? It strikes me as suspiciously coincidental that 14 days is also the cooling off period.

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't think of any reason for this.  It would be in VM's own interest to get a new customer sorted out before the cooling of period.  If the customer thinks the Wifi performance is bad, and VM will not allow a Pod to sent to fix this, is a bit self defeatist ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As Adduxi implies... it would be worth trying for yours now... see this...

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - if you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mitchel66, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had some issues with getting a WiFi pod sent out. Our new WiFi Max service allows you to have up to 3 pods. Whilst the 1st pod can be requested, a second and third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. The pods can only be sent out one at a time too. 

It's worth having a look at the service as a whole here and please note that unless you're on a 1GB speed or a Volt package then there is a charge of £8 per month. 

Once you've had a look at the above link, if you want to go ahead we will need to confirm some information with you to get that first pod sent out. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs