Menu
_Max_Power
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Today I'm very disappointed

Hi every body.

Today I started my adventure with VM and really that can't be poor.
I have bought a house in which I need the connection as fast as possible. This leaves me with 500MB of VM or 32MB of BT. Perhaps this explains everything.
I explained the installation situation in the chat and he told me that there isn't problem, that VM would send me the technicians to install and fix everything. The operator gave me a discount code of £35 so that I don't have to pay for the visit since it is not to install, it is to repair.
Today I get the bill, the discount has disappeared. The answer that VM have given me is there isn't other option, that if I don't like that I can cancel, as if there were any option.

I can do the installation easily but the problem is outside the house. Outside the brown box no longer exists, only a small piece remains. Where the cables should be, there is only one group that goes into the wall, including those from the satellite and those from VM. Someone, I assume the old owner, has cut all the wires including sat ones. It is not just putting connectors, it is that the cables are now too short.
Not happy I appreciate on the street that the cable comes into the property in a green tube that looks like a hose to water the plants. And I appreciate it because about 15 or 20 cm of cable runs along the surface of the road, where the vehicles turn to enter the parking lot, and the cable is already destroyed by the friction of the vehicles.
Today, without further explanation, the installation was delayed. I called VM and they didn't want to give me explanations, they only insist on unsubscribing. And said me they are going to install, that if the cable has to be replaced or do what needs to be done that I will be without service with the equipment installed and another will come to install or replace the cable when possible.
Is this true? It is their way of doing?.
I'm concerned about the low standard of quality that everyone I have spoken with showed. Only the first commercial was receptive and did well. The rest seemed to be resented having to work. Is it always like this?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Today I'm very disappointed

Doesn't sound good. Presumably the house is an old build and has has had a VM connection previously? Are they internal wall boxes all present and correct?

Are the neighbours on VM and having are they having any issues - that you you know of?

Can you post a few pictures, particularly the damaged Omnibox and Green cabling.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
_Max_Power
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The home is old but inside there is connections for VM and the cables arrived to the TV points. I don't know if there were from the sat dish or from VM cable. 

I will add photos next Friday that I'll arrive from a short travel. I promise it.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @_Max_Power

Welcome to the forum page and more importantly, welcome to Virgin media. 

Sorry to hear that your experience with us so far isn't great and I can appreciate this is not ideal at all. We can certainly get this looked into. 

From looking at your account I can see that you have spoken to our team recently regarding this, can I just confirm, did everything get sorted or do you still need our assistance today? I am more than happy to help if you do but please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
_Max_Power
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

These are the images:

IMG_20210521_152412.jpg

IMG_20210521_152416.jpg

IMG_20210521_152421.jpg

IMG_20210521_152525.jpg

IMG_20210521_152530.jpg

IMG_20210521_152536.jpg

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Max-Power,

Thank you for reaching back out, I have had a look at the account and can see you have a install booked, once the technician comes he wuill make sure everything is set up correctly and neatly, if any new cables are needed the technician would arrange this.

The initial install in your property was around 20 Years ago and will possibly need a few updates, it looks like cables may have been cut and removed by previous customers.

regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
_Max_Power
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The installation was/is a disaster. I was crazy this weekend looking where the cables are coming. The house has all the rooms with and old antenna installation but there isn't antenna. And it has a internet cable installation in all the rooms but somebody cut them near the wall where a switch must be. I could recover around 15cm each and I believe that I'll clamp connectors.

I can understand that some body cut everything. The vendor says that he was broadband for sometime ago. I don't know if believe him. He was selling cheap a quickly for a divorce. With the money that I don't pay I can leave the house like a palace.

Thank you for your explanation. Today between 1 and 6 the technician is coming. I payed off for the issues, connect the router and setup it is so easy for me, I'm retired but I was technician too.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Looking at this I can see it was a while ago since our services were used and all the cables were probably removed as not being used.

When our technician arrives he will best advise what is needed to get you up and running.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
_Max_Power
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it hasn't been so. The technician has evaluated the installation and requires changing the cable from the junction box and doing work on public roads. He left my home leaving only a note of commitment that I will have service before July 24. The inner cables say they are ok, he installed a connector and stapled it as far as the brown box will go. That's all.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the update @_Max_Power.

Sorry to hear this about the engineer appointment. I can understand the frustration caused. I have had a look into your account and I can see further work need to be done in order to fully install your services. I can also see a date has been given for your installation.

If you would like more information, I can send you a private message with all relevant details?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide