cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To satiate my curiossity, is my VM connection FTTP or FTTC?

SultrySquamata
Tuning in

I am merely curious, as the brown omnibox on the wall of my house is like a large square, and the white box on the wall in my bedroom is connected to a power socket. The image below isn't mine, I got it from Google Images, but that's what the omnibox on my wall looks like outdoors. There are coaxial cables coming from that white box in my room into my house, and a black cable from the omnibox is clipped to the brick wall outside so it can reach around and enter my bedroom.

SultrySquamata_0-1631006384605.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You've got RFoG, which is for all practical purposes FTTP.  That's usually better than the hybrid fibre-coaxial that is most of VM's network, but it does get converted back to analogue coax to connect to the hub, because that's VM's standard termination equipment. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You've got RFoG, which is for all practical purposes FTTP.  That's usually better than the hybrid fibre-coaxial that is most of VM's network, but it does get converted back to analogue coax to connect to the hub, because that's VM's standard termination equipment. 

Thank you.