Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box often won't turn on until I have rebooted it

Hello, over the past month my tivo box has refused to come on until I have rebooted it a number of times. This seems to be happening more and more regularly now. It happened last night, and it has happened again just now.

Is it a sign that it's going to die?

Thanks

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box often won't turn on until I have rebooted it

Hi wolfganghario,

Thank you for getting in touch with regards to your TV concerns. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your equipment and have had to reboot frequently.

This could be a sign that your TV box is on its last legs, but there are a number of other factors which may contribute to this issue. Could you confirm whether both boxes are affected or is it just the one?

Have you noticed any strange sounds or smells coming from the box itself? Does it feel like it may be overheating at all? If so, have you ensured that the vents are not covered and that nothing is restricting airflow to the box?

Could you let me know what actually happens when you try to switch it on? Are you waking it from standby mode using the remote, or do you switch it off using the power switch or the wall socket? Do any lights appear/change when you try to turn it on?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael,

It only appears to be the one box (the main one we use) and it I haven't noticed any strange smells of sounds. It's quite well ventilated.

It actually hasn't happened for a few days now, but it was when trying to wake it up from standby using the remote (we rarely switch it off at the back). The light would just remain on red as if nothing had happened. It's not the remote though as it has quite new batteries and there is a light on the remote that flicks on as I press the button.

Rebooting the box seems to be the only option to revive it.

Thanks

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back in touch. 

We have been really busy. 

I've booked an engineer visit for you and you can find the details via your online account. If the time or date doesn't suit you can also amend it from here. 

You'll also need to ensure somebody over the age of 18 is in the property at the time. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos