cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to switch provider after 20+ years ?

Lee_w_1969
Joining in

I've had a problem with a permanent red light on Hub 3.0 for approx 2 weeks now. I checked the forum and read similar issues. I've done a pin reset etc but no joy. To resolve issue it appears I need a replacement hub.I eventually managed to speak to a gentleman who informed me that as  my Internet is working I have to wait until it fails completely before the hub is replaced. The wife relies on the Internet for work so  I didn't want to get to that situation. On asking to speak to the disconnection team the gentleman said he'd speak to his manager to try and resolve. I was informed that I could have a replacement hub as long as I paid for it!! Don't particularly feel like a valued customer and for what I'm paying monthly it's probably time to change provider. 

3 REPLIES 3

sayekm
Fibre optic

If you have a red light that indicates no internet. That could be anything from faulty line, connector or Hub 3. You should remind customer service that you are paying for a service and not receiving. A engineer should be sent out to investigate.

Are you sure they they said you can have a replacement hub if you pay for it. Because these hubs will always be VM property. 

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lee_w_1969 wrote:

I've had a problem with a permanent red light on Hub 3.0 for approx 2 weeks now. I checked the forum and read similar issues. I've done a pin reset etc but no joy. To resolve issue it appears I need a replacement hub.I eventually managed to speak to a gentleman who informed me that as  my Internet is working I have to wait until it fails completely before the hub is replaced. The wife relies on the Internet for work so  I didn't want to get to that situation. On asking to speak to the disconnection team the gentleman said he'd speak to his manager to try and resolve. I was informed that I could have a replacement hub as long as I paid for it!! Don't particularly feel like a valued customer and for what I'm paying monthly it's probably time to change provider. 

Typical rubbish from I have no doubt an offshore agent.

The red light is an overheat warning, & even if the indication is faulty the hub must still be replaced as it is a safety issue.

I have escalated this thread for the attention of the forum team. They will respond to this thread shortly & arrange a technician visit to replace your faulty hub. The call-out will be free if you have a confirmed fault.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lee_w_1969,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the light on the hub and what you were advised by the agents. 

We can certainly look to get an engineer out to replace the hub if needs be. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin