Menu
billettg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Time restricted MAC filtering issues

1. Sliders do not work, you cannot expand or contract a time slot by left or right slider, only move the whole slot left or right
  2. Can only add time slots in slots of two hours (e.g setting 09:00-12:00 is impossible?!)
  3. Times appear to be in GMT, not taking into account BST in the UK (GMT+1) so you have to stagger the slots by one hour, there is no mention of this anywhere on the page

Tested in Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) (also Edge and Firefox). Overall a very poor UX, and the only redeeming feature is that it does appear to actually work to some extent. Any plans to fix or improve this functionality?

Hub 4 device information
The information below shows current status of this Hub 4.

Standard specification compliant : DOCSIS 3.1
Hardware version : 11
Software version : 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20(Open Source Information)

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time restricted MAC filtering issues

VM hubs are built to a cost like most ISP kit. If you want proper control over your Router, I suggest you purchase a better high quality one. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
billettg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I never stated I wanted "proper control", in fact I haven't stated my requirements at all.

I simply require the inclusive features of the router to function as intended, no more, and as I am paying for. Is anyone willing to take this bug report seriously or is this a community only forum?

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can certainly leave bug reports here on the Community forum and it will be read by a VM Mod in due course. 

However it may or may not ever get fixed.  VM never release any details of impending firmware updates, and I've never seen any firmware release notes in all the years I've been a customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @billettg

Thank you for your post regarding the time restricted MAC filering issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue,

We are aware of the problem, in the meantime there is a workaround discovered by one of our VIPs by reserving an IP for a device and then filtering that set the time limit for the child.

Hope this helps,

Serena

0 Kudos
billettg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Serena, I just wanted VM to acknowledge the problem, and I'll take a look at the workaround in due course.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @billettg, please do let me know how you get on with the workaround.

Apologies once again that you are experiencing this issue.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos