Menu
andygillies
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box not connected to the internet

Hi all, we were sent a new Hub and have plugged it in. WiFi and terrestrial TV work fine, but the TiVo box says it is no longer connected to the internet - error code C230. 

Grateful for any help!

andy

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box not connected to the internet

Hi andy,

You have a new hub so the TIVO box will need to connect to the new SSID. Check your connections are all tight, then reboot the TIVO box and try and connect to the new SSID.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
andygillies
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, thank you, that had done the trick! I didn’t think about the wifi password because there is a physical cable connection. Thanks again, Andy

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Andy,

Great news, thanks for the update.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
andygillies
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Dave

Shouldn’t the TiVo box connect to the new router via the coax cable, without needing WiFi? 
Andy

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is it a TiVo - or is it a V6?

V6 v TiVo.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
andygillies
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, it’s the V6, on the right! Confusingly the messages from the machine itself refer to it as the TiVo. Does that make a difference to the cable/wifi connection to the new router?

thanks, Andy

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its just that the Tivo doesn't need any connection to the Hub - it gets its online content via its own modem and the co-ax connection.

The V6 must be connected to the Hub either by wifi or ethernet cable - as well as via a co-ax connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
andygillies
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help!

andy

0 Kudos