Menu
Prinjj
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Three suspicious text messages after signing up to Virgin broadband

I have just joined Virgin media broadband.

My address was not showing on the list so my application initially went through what I thought was a suspicious route right from the start. However after vetting that out, I got my application setup and now awaiting my install.

Days after confirming my application, I have received three text messages from three different mobile numbers, none of which have their preface as Virgin Media. A fourth message was received but this came under the usual Virgin Media number where I received updates on Vociemails and any comms related to my mobile phone virgin account. Weirdly this seems to relate to some of the other messages saying “Your parcel has been delivered” then following onto say follow this link to rate our service and be in a prize draw.

All text messages are asking for me to either reply or to click on a link. 

Please can someone advise if they have received any similar messages and if Virgin Security team can validate these messages please. 

Also I never received any YODEL package.

See these messages below:

9BE49B10-D9E6-4427-82DC-96E13F6DF32A.jpeg

54108A19-A1BB-429D-8B28-F4C396EE10C8.png

B36FDF3D-A2D2-494E-8D15-C58C77841783.png

3A03A4F6-0C0C-4F56-8301-DD0DC1F48776.jpeg

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Three suspicious text messages after signing up to Virgin broadband

Would say they are genuine VM messages, 1) they know the address 2) they know your mobile number 3) they do not ask for any critical information like DOB, bank a/c number etc.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Unknown67
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They are genuine texts from VM..

0 Kudos
Prinjj
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I called VM customer services and had these numbers vetted. Some were legit (the ones asking me to confirm I was happy to have an engineer check the signal box on our street). But I was told I would get a call from this engineer on day of checking, so I didn’t need to risk replying to the number if I did not want to.

The last text message from the number that had the VM preface on it (ones I get my VM phone details to) saying that I had been sent a parcel from YODEL. This was infact spam and I was told that sometimes these get through. Not much more reassurance than this unfortunately...

I’ve not replied to any of them.

When you know, you know.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ha - yup that bottom one!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos