cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst after sales services that I have ever experienced.

chaumatthew
Joining in

I was wondering is my order a joke to your company? How could my request keep delaying by your team again, again and again? When can I get my service? I have lost all my confidence and patience on your services. Your team is telling me that my next installation date is on Oct 1, but how can I trust your team would make it this time? Or would you delay my appointment once again on 1 day before my next installation date. 

On Sep 6, your team has informed me that my service will be delayed for the 2nd time by email. Therefore I called your CS team, and I already my concerns to him. First of all, I expressed my desperation on the broadband service. He said he have already submitted a note to my case and raised the awareness on NOT to delay my case anymore. Also I have asked them to contact me in advance, as I need to apply for a leave from work to spare my time for the installation. And finally your team noticed me about the delay by email ONLY in today’s afternoon. Afterwards, your team has sent me an email  which claims that there is a £26.24 credit on my account as compensation. I wanted to clarify what my need is to get the service by your team ASAP but not a compensation for delaying my service again, again and again.

Please understand broadband service is critical to my household and delivery the agreed service on time is a basic requirement for your company. Safety appliances like doorbell and CCTV would require network service before use. Besides using the network for work or entertainment, the delay has also put my house unsafe neither. Which has caused me a lot of troubles no matter on safety, work and extra financial cost. 

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@chaumatthew wrote:

I was wondering is my order a joke to your company? How could my request keep delaying by your team again, again and again? When can I get my service? I have lost all my confidence and patience on your services. Your team is telling me that my next installation date is on Oct 1, but how can I trust your team would make it this time? Or would you delay my appointment once again on 1 day before my next installation date. 

On Sep 6, your team has informed me that my service will be delayed for the 2nd time by email. Therefore I called your CS team, and I already my concerns to him. First of all, I expressed my desperation on the broadband service. He said he have already submitted a note to my case and raised the awareness on NOT to delay my case anymore. Also I have asked them to contact me in advance, as I need to apply for a leave from work to spare my time for the installation. And finally your team noticed me about the delay by email ONLY in today’s afternoon. Afterwards, your team has sent me an email  which claims that there is a £26.24 credit on my account as compensation. I wanted to clarify what my need is to get the service by your team ASAP but not a compensation for delaying my service again, again and again.

Please understand broadband service is critical to my household and delivery the agreed service on time is a basic requirement for your company. Safety appliances like doorbell and CCTV would require network service before use. Besides using the network for work or entertainment, the delay has also put my house unsafe neither. Which has caused me a lot of troubles no matter on safety, work and extra financial cost. 

The £26 sound like the compensation for a single missed appointment on VM’s part, but if you were given a firm initial installation date then you are also entitled to some £5.25 in compensation for each day after that, that you are waiting for the system to go live.

Now having said all that, what you have signed up for is a domestic broadband connection with absolutely no service level agreements or guarantees whatsoever. Broadband service might well be critical to you, but, unfortunately, that means nothing to VM, or to be fair, most other large broadband providers!

You will get connected, when and if their contractors get around to doing it, is there a brown box attached to the outside wall of your house with a black cable vanishing into the ground? If not, then that needs to be done first and the record wait is somewhere over 13 MONTHS to be done, only then can you be connected up.

In the meantime, are there any alternatives available to you on a temporary monthly rolling basis? 4G or 5 G might be suitable depending on where you live.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey chaumatthew, thank you for reaching and a warm welcome to the community, I sorry to hear you install has been delayed.

I will send you a PM to look into this in more details.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?