Did you mean: 

The Internet does not work during the initial setup

askirdyaev
Joining in

IMG_6928.jpeg

IMG_6927.jpeg

IMG_6925.jpeg

IMG_6926.jpeg

Good afternoon. I don't quite understand how to complete the setup. In my house there are 3 sockets for openreach, VM, ntl. But the socket from the VM company contains a different input than is provided in the kit. At the same time, the necessary input is in the outlet from NTL, but when plugged in, the Internet icon does not light up. Specify what you need to do to connect? 

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Make sure the white cable is plugged firmly into the Hub and at the NTL socket on the wall.

Call the hub activation line on 08009539500. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I made sure that everything is connected.Do I need to activate my account somewhere? Now, because of the connection problems, I called the engineer and the support service to say that I need to wait for egt, but I have been waiting for him for a week and he did not show up on the appointed date, and the new date of the visit is still 5 days later. If the question is only in remote activation, then it is possible that the visit of the technician is not required. But no one can explain to me what to do next.

Also, when passing checks through the online service, they tell me that I have an engineer's visit booked and does not miss further steps

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As already advised, call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.  If you have already done this, the cable may be disconnected in the outside wall box, or in the street cabinet.  If that is the case, you will need to wait for an engineer to reconnect the cables.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey there askidyaev, thank you for reaching out and a lovely warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to see you are having some connection issues. 

I have take a look at our side and I can see you've spoke to the team about this since this post, did they manage to get it resolved for at all? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?