Menu
cjptfc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Text from virgin pre visit

Hi guys. 

My elderly gran has virgin coming to the house on Thursday to fix her connection. She has today had a text from them asking if anyone in the house has had covid or symptoms. 

She’s unable to reply to the message (only uses phone in emergencies). Will this be an issue with the appointment going ahead? Thanks 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text from virgin pre visit

Yes - if she replies yes - then it will be cancelled. Can she not simply reply to the text saying no?

Not sure what will happen if she doesnt reply.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
cjptfc1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheers John, but she has deleted the text so has lost the number. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

She could try calling the "Pre-installation and delivery team" - they may be able to help They are on.. 0800 052 1734

Try this evening but then calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with no long wait times on any VM number

If appropriate of course... just be sure to say to them that there is no-one with symptoms in the property and that she isn't self isolating (that implies she has been in contact with a positive case recently) and that normal "distancing" procedures will be fine.

The standard VM text number is 07533 051809 - but calling the above number may be best (or try both) as without the original text she will have to give them info about account details etc or they wont have a clue who the text is from 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi cjptfc1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

How did the technician visit go? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos