Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Text from VM about engineer coming, is it genuine?

Hi all,

I selected a Quick Start installation after being told there wouldn’t be an issue. There was as we don’t have a virgin media wall socket point.

I spent a few hours trying to contact them (amid Covid-19 lockdown) and eventually stumbled onto this site.

I spoke to someone and he said that he would speak to his manager about securing a technician slot to come and sort it. This was all done on my phone number.

Didn’t hear anything else. My partner then received a text message from this number 07800002204 saying that the technician would be with us between 1pm and 6pm on 08/04.

Please can someone tell me if this is a genuine appointment of a scam message. I’m getting rather sick of trying to sort this out now and am starting to think I would be better off with another company.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text from VM about engineer coming, is it genuine?

Yes it should be genuine if you spoke to someone in vm 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That’s what I’m hoping but the VM person I spoke to called me off a mobile number after I posted on here. Under their name they had Forum Team and the little squiggly VM symbol next to their name so I PM’d my account number and area code.

Still sound OK?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there,

If you spoke to someone from the Forum team the my guessing is that it would be true. Feel free to Private Message me your Virgin Media account number and area code (by hovering over my name and clicking "send message") and I can take a look into this for you and confirm if it is 100% true about the service call.

Please note, do not post any private information on this feed - just for your own safety of course! 🙂

I am a Field Technician at Virgin Media, currently working from home so therefore all of my knowledge will be from my experiences out in the field.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Regards,
Cor.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah should be ok:)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help? My partner had a text this morning (to mobile phone; I did not think VM had that number) asking about any Covid in our house in relation to an engineer visit in the next few days to instal VM services.  Is this text genuine?  The date and time of the appointment were correct.  Is it a scam? Why would it go to my partner's mobile not mine?  How can I contact the engineer/installation team?

0 Kudos