cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service

OllySmith68
Joining in

1 month in, IT can't sort out being able to set up an account, WiFi coverage is poor, having to look at a mesh system to cover the back part of the house. Download speed is excellent but can only use it in the hall or living room.

Should have gone with sky!!!

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@OllySmith68 wrote:

<snip>

Should have gone with sky!!!

Perhaps but if you are expecting a top quality router/wi-fi from an ISP you may be disappointed whichever supplier you go with.

I moved from VM to BT FTTP last year and have a BT Smart Hub 2. The FTTP service is excellent but the BT hub is nothing special. In fact, in some ways, the VM hubs are superior devices.

Many of the forum regulars on here would only recommend putting the VM hub into modem mode and using your own networking kit. If your VM service issues are only to do with the wifi coverage, then you have done the right thing by getting your own networking kit and using modem mode.

The VM forum team on here may be able to assist with your account issue when they reply here within a few days.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OllySmith68,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of your issues. From an earlier post on our forums, my understanding is that you've spoke with one of my colleagues via private message regarding the account issue. I would follow their most recent advice regarding this.

As for the Wi-Fi issues, I've checked our systems and I'm unable to detect any fault currently. Is this issue ongoing for you today? If it is, can you elaborate? Is it just regarding the reach and strength in a certain area of the home?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

No the Internet connection is fine, its just the wifi coverage that is poor. It starts to drop in the next room. I've had to resort to using powering adaptors for now so my partner can run teams calls I'm the upstairs office which is almost directly above the router.

As for the other issue, it's been over 7 weeks and apparently IT are trying to sort but literally heard nothing now for 2 weeks. Hence the title of customer service is terrible.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@goslow wrote:

<snip> 

I moved from VM to BT FTTP last year and have a BT Smart Hub 2. The FTTP service is excellent but the BT hub is nothing special.<snip>

At least with BT (Openreach installed)  FTTP, you are fairly free to use any Router of your choice.  Just plug into the ONT and away you go.  No need for a Hub or Modem mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey OllySmith68, thanks for the posts and replies.

We're sorry to hear of the Wi Fi issues and the long time it's taken to resolve your online registration issues.

We'd love to help, as you previously discussed this with our faults team have we advised on our Wi Fi Max service which can rectify your weak signal in the room and any other part of the property?

Can we ask if you're using the VM Connect App where you can troubleshoot the Wi Fi and scan the rooms for weak or blind spots on the wireless network?

About the IT ticket raised, this seems to be worked on currently so once it's resolved you'll hear back from us via email.

Please, let us know a bit more on what's been tested and we're happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs