cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Organisation

BrianR2
Joining in

Hi, this my first and most probably my last post.
I would like to state what a poor organisation Virgin Media is.

I placed an order for Broadband,TV and telephone on 1st March with an installation date of 5th May to avoid any external problems. I got an email to say that the installation date had been put back to the 12th June. After ringing Virgin I was told some external work was required, why wasn’t this done earlier mystifies me, I was then given an earlier date of the 22nd May. I rang on the 15th May and assured that the installation date was still on, I received a text and email on the 17th May to now say that the installation date was now to be 23rd June. Upon ringing Virgin once again I was told that a road closure was necessary as the sub-contractor could not find the duct. 2no lots of sub-contractors could not find the duct but I spent 5 minutes digging in the verge and found it very easily. I duly rang Virgin to tell them I had found the duct a a road closure was not necessary. I have given them until Friday 19th May to confirm the installation on the 22nd May otherwise I will go back to a more reliable provider such as Sky or BT.

This has been a very unhappy and chaotic experience.

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like VM are talking about a "main" duct in the road, not the small ducting at your property?

If it's a big job, it may take some time, and could even be cancelled if it's deemed uneconomical. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The main duct is in the soil next to my property so there is no roadworks

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

@BrianR2 wrote:

…….
I would like to state what a poor organisation Virgin Media is.

…..

And in other news, it has now been confirmed that the Pope is, indeed Catholic, and that bears really do…..

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BrianR2,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I am so sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with your installation of our services. I can completely understand your frustrations here.

I can see that you have been able to speak with our team again since posting; do you still need any further help from here?

Please let us know if you'd still like to go ahead, we'll be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

Beth