cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telewest old cables and boxes

m_mcl
Joining in

Hello,

We have just moved house and the previous owners had the house for over 50 years so there is some very old cabling. The house has a number of old Telewest boxes, both inside and out, and as you can see the box outside has exposed wiring. There is also just loose wiring to these boxes lying on the ground outside the house. We have recently just joined Virgin and wifi does work, as you can see we are connected in one of the pictures. We are starting to renovate the house and not sure what we are to do with all these cables and boxes. I have no idea where to start and we very much need wifi for working at home and I will not be popular if I lose our connection! We need this all tidied up but not sure who can assist. 

Any guidance and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

M

Telewest.jpgTelewest 2.jpgTelewest 3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For a very reasonable £25 get a VM technician to call out and tidy up all cables etc.  You can’t do any work on the co-ax cables yourself in any case. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For a very reasonable £25 get a VM technician to call out and tidy up all cables etc.  You can’t do any work on the co-ax cables yourself in any case. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks Adduxi 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi m_mcl,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post. I hope that you're settling into your new home nicely.

Oh those cables are in a bit of a sorry state - I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and get this sorted for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth