cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telewest box

03webbr
Joining in

Hi we still have one of these telewest boxes in the house. 

It is a bit temperamental if it gets touched and we were wondering how we either get a new one fitted or get it moved to another room as this is currently in a child’s room (and it would be better if it was downstairs in the front room). 
or alternatively it it can’t be moved how we get a new one fixed so the connection doesn’t just keep falling out. 

thanks 

251394AB-6A2F-4866-8C51-90CC832FD7CB.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's also a very reasonable £25 fee for an technician to come and move the connection to a more suitable location, if you need it moved.

Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is nothing to really go wrong in those boxes except for the connectors to become loose. Try tightening both of them and see if it fixes the problem. Also you could take off the front cover and put it through the dishwasher.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's also a very reasonable £25 fee for an technician to come and move the connection to a more suitable location, if you need it moved.

Wait here a day or two for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there 03webbr,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

We can arrange for the box to be moved for you.

As it will require a technician to do so it will have a cost of £25 towards the appointment that will be shown on your next bill.

I'll PM to discuss further,

Kain

Hello,

I would also like my box moved from an upstairs bedroom to the lounge downstairs. How can I go about booking an appointment?

thanks,

sophie

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The primary contact point  is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait three or four days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Saben. 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We would be happy to assist you with your request to relocate the equipment. 

In order to do this, we will just need to send you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Saben, 

Thank you for joining me for a quick private chat. 

I am really happy we have been able to get the appointment booked in for you. 

Please do reach out if we can assist with anything in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat