cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tecnician needed after landline switch

anniedu
Joining in

I have just switched to fibre phone and would like to remove all the redundant landline cable before redecorating. The virgin cable and old landline also enters the house via an ancient plastic telewest box which needs replacing. How do I book a tecnician to come and do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think there would probably be a charge of £25. You can just remove all the old telephone wires yourself as they are no longer used.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think there would probably be a charge of £25. You can just remove all the old telephone wires yourself as they are no longer used.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks. I can take the old wire off back to the telewest box. The telewest box itself is ancient and unsightly tired plastic (prob 25y old min) and I would like it replaced if possible, so that's the main reason I'd like an engineer to do it.

Hi @anniedu.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

In regards to your old Telewest box, are you looking to replace the box with a newer one as your virgin cable still runs through it? Are you having issues with any of your services? Are the cables causing any health and safety hazards?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs