cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician didn’t turn up.

pekjunior
Joining in

I’m without broadband connection since last Thursday night, today Monday, I was supposed to have a technician visit which didn’t turn up where I even took a day off work to be waiting for him. I went to check my appointment schedule and it was rescheduled without any notice to next Wednesday. That will be one week without internet. Very disappointed with VM customer services, you don’t even have a way to contact them over the phone where it didn’t give you any option to reach an advisor to discuss this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Start making detailed notes, as you go along, of VM's failures to fix the problem. You will be eligible for compensation for a total loss of service for broadband and/or phone.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

If VM does not turn up for a tech appointment, and fails to give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation, that is also eligible for compensation.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pekjunior 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience with the Technician visit. I can see there was a recent outage in your area, which affected the Broadband services. If your Technician Appointment was booked during the time of the outage, then this would have been automatically cancelled and an automated text message or phone call would have been issued to advise of the cancellation.

I can see you have spoken with our team since and have been able to get things resolved. If there's anything else we can assist with, please do let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

vmrunreliable
Superfast

Since you are with virgin media, you'd better get used to disappointment.