Menu
velit80
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV

Hi Everyone, 

I switched to Virgin in January 2020 and since then have not been able to use the TV. Simply the install kit they sent has a very short cable and does not reach the TV. Have tried calling Virgin but they don't pick up the phone because of Covid19. Tried chatting with them online and they keep asking what error message I get on my screen. I tried to explain that the cable is just not long enough and I need either a longer cable or an engineer to come to the house and move the access point however they keep transferring me to different departments and don't seem to understand what I am saying. They have been charging me for 10 months now and say my account is active yet I can't watch any TV. 

Any ideas on what I should do? It is very frustrating.

Thanks,

Maria

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV

The simplest solution is to buy a longer HDMI cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They'll extend the cable for you for £99. 

Or you can extend the others cables for far less money. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

they shouldn't charge the £99 in this instance, as clearly the self install kit they sent is not suitable.
this should be a free call-out the install it properly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@spgray wrote:
they shouldn't charge the £99 in this instance, as clearly the self install kit they sent is not suitable.
this should be a free call-out the install it properly.

I agree but 9 months is a long time to make the decision.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it's also a long time to be sitting not being able to use a service, assuming it's an accurate account of what actually happened.

covid restrictions didn't kick in until late March, so that would have been 3 months to contact virgin without such restrictions being in place.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos